Even better: the Actros
The Actros provides an economical transport solution for short-haul or long-haul work. With it's innovative technology, proven engineering, and the range of cab and specifications for any task, the Actros continues to set standards in the industry. Confirmation of its place in the industry came when it was named the 2009 International Truck of the Year and was also placed in the 2009 Guuiness World Records as the most economical truck in its class at 5.14 km/litre. The Actros continues to set standards in national long-distance operations offering even better fuel economy, enhanced levels of comfort and unparalleled safety systems.
The Actros ensures cost-effective compliance with Euro 4 and Euro 5, lower fuel consumption, low particulate emissions, an unrivalled low level of CO2 emissions, and compliance with nitrogen dioxide (NO2) limits with BlueTec®, the SCR technology from Mercedes-Benz.
The Actros is available in the following models:
- Prime Mover : 18XX 4x2 / 26XX 6x2
- Prime Mover Heavy Duty : 26XX 6x4
- Rigid : 26XX 6x4 / 32XX 8x4 / 32XX 8x4 (air) / 41XX 8x4
- All-wheel drive : 33XX 6x6 / 41XX 8x8
Each cab offers an environment where every detail has been designed to meet the driver's needs, both when driving and resting. The Actros cabs also offer high protection for occupants with its unparralleled passive safety features. Cab choices include:
- Megaspace - as the name suggests....lots of room, ideal for long-distance haulage
- L-cab - suited to national long-distance haulage with generous space
- L-cab with low roof - long-distance haulage where roof attachments may be needed
- M-cab - heavy-duty short radius distribution and construction. Optional fold down bunk available
- M-cab with low roof - ideal for special bodies including car transporters, cranes and concrete mixers
- S-cab - compact dimensions suit all applications where maximum body length is required
Engines, Transmissions and Axles
Versatility continues with your choice from 7 high performance BlueTec V6 and V8 engines. The Actros offers a range of transmission systems and the 12 or 16 speed Mercedes PowerShift auto gearshift, working in combination with application-based drive axles. Effortless gear changes are handled by the Telligent Gearshift or Telligent Automatic Gearshift.
The perfect all-rounder
The Axor is a powerful and robust, cost-effective and reliable. Whether it's mid-to-long-distance haulage or heavy-duty short radius distribution, the Axor is the master of all trades. With high payload and low fuel consumption, along with exemplary reliability, safety and driver-oriented comfort, the Axor delivers and is a stand-out all-rounder for your business.
The Axor was designed to increase performance and decrease consumption. Simple. And here's how they achieved it:
- Design solutions reduce the vehicle's unladen weight and optimise payload
- The Telligent engine management system lowers fuel consumption
- Optimum power transmissions with 9 and 16 speed manaul transmission offers perfectly coordinated powertrain
- Low-wear gear changes
- Long service intervals
- Low-wear, high-performance brake system
- Design concept based on ease of repair ensures short downtimes
The Axor meets a broad spectrum of applications in the mid-long haul distance haulage and heavy-duty short radius distribution in the weight category from 18-26 tonnes. Available in the following models:
- Prime Mover - Axor 1388 LS 4x2
- Rigid - Axor 1833 L 4x2 / 2533 L 6x2 / 26XX 6x4
- All Wheel Drive - Axor 1833 A 4x4
Choose from 4 cabs with the Axor:
- L-cab fitted with standard bed. Available for all on-road Axor models.
- L-cab with raised roof - Medium distance distribution, comfortable standing height with optional 2nd bed
- S-cab with rear panel extension - Provides 180mm more room for sense of space and additional stowage
- S-cab - Standard day cab for all Axor models, ideally suited for heavy-duty short-radius distribution
A centimetre or two can make all the difference
The Atego takes the lead in the light-duty short radius 12-23 tonne distribution market. The compact dimensions and the excellent handling provide drivers with the manoeuvrability needed to make short work of narrow, winding streets and small spaces. Fuel efficiency is achieved with the reliable BlueTec engines, optionally available with a Euro 5 rating. BlueTec®, the future-proof SCR diesel technology from Mercedes-Benz, makes the Atego an extremely economical truck to run.The new engine start/stop system cuts fuel consumption even further, making it the ideal partner for your work.
The agile Atego is available in the following models:
- Rigid - 12XX L 4x2 / 16XX L 4x2 / 23XX L 6x2 / 1629 LF 4x2
- All-wheel Drive - 1629 A 4x4
Choose from 4 cabs for a wide range of applications:
- L-cab with raised roof- outstanding comfort and room for 2 beds
- L-cab - plenty og space and a 68.5cm wide bed as standard
- S-cab with rear panel extension - offers additional stowage behind the seats and optional folding bunk
- S-cab - compact exterior dimensions and spacious interior. Standard cab for Atego, perfect for short-radius work.